What to do if you are unhappy with your aftercare plan or aftercare worker
What do I do if I am unhappy with my aftercare plan?
You can ask for a review of your aftercare plan anytime, especially if your circumstances have changed. How to do this can be different depending on your circumstances
- If you are under 18 - your social worker can request a review of your aftercare plan by contacting your aftercare worker
- If you are over 18 – you or any concerned adult can request a review of your aftercare plan in one of three ways
- If you have an aftercare worker assigned to you simply tell them that you want to review your plan and they will start the process
- You can visit a drop in centre and tell the staff that you would like a review of your aftercare plan.
- You can write a letter or call your local aftercare manager. You can access contact details from any of the drop in services
If you would like support with any of the above reach out to EPIC
What do I do if I would like a new aftercare worker?
You can make a request to have your aftercare worker changed. To do this you must contact the aftercare manager in your aftercare service. The aftercare manager will then meet with you to talk about your concerns and work with you to resolve them and assign a new aftercare worker if necessary. If you want support with this process, reach out to EPIC:
What do I do if I am having difficulties in my placement?
Tell your aftercare worker or social worker if you have one if you are having any problems with your placement If you do not have an assigned worker, visit a drop-in centre to get support.
What can I do if I want to make a complaint or offer suggestions to Tusla?
There are many ways that you can give feedback to Tusla. Use this short guide and feedback form made especially for young people who would like to give feedback or make a complaint to Tusla as a starting place: https://www.tusla.ie/uploads/content/Tell_Us_Complaints_A5_6pg_LR_amend.pdf and then if you want more information on how to make a complaint or give feedback, what information to include in your message, and what to expect from the process visit this page on the Tusla website: https://www.tusla.ie/about/feedback-and-complaints/making-a-comment-compliment-or-complaint/.