Tusla - Ireland's Child & Family Agency

What should I do if I am concerned about the safety or welfare of a child who is not in my care?

  1. Discuss your concern with your Fostering Link Social Worker or any Tusla Social Worker.
  2. Following this conversation with the Social Worker, decide whether your concern reaches the threshold for a mandated report or reasonable grounds for concern.
  3. If a report is required, then submit a Child Protection and Welfare Report Form to the Duty Social Work Service in the area where the child lives. Your Fostering Link Social Worker or a member of the Fostering Social Work Team can help you with this.

In an emergency situation where you think a child is in immediate danger, please contact the local Tusla duty social work service immediately. Contact details for all duty social work teams are available here.

If a child is in danger outside office hours or if you cannot contact Tusla, contact an Gardaí Síochána.

Select an option below for further information and support

WEBSITE BY CREATIVE INC & Kooba Web Design Dublin