Please select an option below
In order to help you to do so the following options are available to you:
|E-mail email@example.com with your feedback or complaint|
|Send a letter to to the relevant service. Staff can help you put your complaint in writing, if you require assistance.|
Call your local service or area managers officer, click here for contact details. Alternatively you can call Tusla reception who will take your details and get a Service Experience and Feedback team member to call you back within 1 -2 working days - 01 7718500 (9am to 5pm Monday - Friday)
A written complaint should include:
- What happened and when?
- Tell Us what do you think is unfair or unsound about this?
- Tell Us how you have been affected by what happened?
- If you can give us the name and job title of the staff involved that helps us process your complaint
- What do you want to happen now?
- The relevant service will try to resolve you complaint locally where possible within 5 working days. Where local resolution is not suitable or was not possible your complaint can be referred to stage 2 of our process for examination by a complaint officer.
- In the case of a comment or a compliment we will send you a letter of acknowledgement if contact details are provided. All comments or compliments will be forwarded to the relevant service or staff member.
- Complaints at stage 2 are acknowledged in writing within 10 working days by a complaints officer.
The complaints officer will try to facilitate a resolution of your complaint if possible and if not they will determine if your complaint can be investigated under the complaints policy (some matters are excluded). They will advise you of this decision in writing. If your complaint can be investigated, it will take 30 working days.
If it takes longer to look into all the issues raised in your complaint, the complaints officer will notify you within 30 working days and will give you an update on what is happening every 20 working days after that.
What do I do if I am not satisfied with the recommendations made by the complaints officer or the way my complaint was dealt with?
If you are not satisfied with the recommendations made by the complaints officer, you have the right to request a review.
If you are dissatisfied with the recommendations of a report you can seek a review by writing to the relevant Service Director or National Manager setting out in writing the grounds for your request. Click here for a link to the contact details. You must request a review within 30 working days of the complaint investigation report being sent to you. The relevant manager will examine your request for a review and assign a review officer.
If you have any difficulty seeking a review you can contact the Service Experience and Feedback (SEF) team who can assist you at:
Service Experience and Feedback (SEF)team
Tusla – Child and Family Agency
2nd Floor, Brunel Building
Heuston South Quarter
Tel: Tusla reception on 01 771 8500 who will take your contact details and get a member of the SEF team to call you back.
E-mail: Email a member of the SEF team on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint is being managed, you have the right to refer the matter to the Office of the Ombudsman or the Office of the Ombudsman for Children at any time.
Office of the Ombudsman
(9.15 - 5.30 from Monday - Thursday, 9.15 - 5.15 Friday)
Ombudsman for Children's Office
(9.15 - 5.30 from Monday - Thursday, and 9.15 - 5.15 Friday)
52-56 Great Strand Street
Free-phone: 1800 20 20 40
Phone: 01 865 6800
If you are still not sure how to make a complaint to Tusla, please contact the Service Experience and Feedback team at the details below and we will assist you in making your complaint.
Call: Tusla reception on 01 7718500 (9am to 5pm Monday - Friday) and they will take your details and get a member of the Service Experience and Feedback team to contact you within one to two working days