What is the role of the parent?
Ireland’s Constitution states that parents are the child’s primary educators. Support from home is vital for your child’s success in school. To support your child, you can:
- Show interest in what your child is doing in school
- Consult with the school on your child’s progress
- Attend parent / teacher meetings
- Talk with the class teacher about any concerns you may have, and
- Praise your child’s efforts at every opportunity. Your encouragement means a lot and will motivate your child to continue trying.
Select an option below for further information and support