Tusla - Ireland's Child & Family Agency

What happens if my family is moving to a new area away from the school?

It is important to tell the school that your child is leaving and will not be returning.  You should ask the principal to give you a report on your child’s progress.  When you enrol your child in a new school, you should give the principal a copy of the report from the last school and if the school has given your child school books or other items, return these before you leave.

Select an option below for further information and support 

How does the Educational Welfare Service work?  

Protecting a child’s right to education 

Who can refer to the Educational Welfare Service? 

What is the role of the parent? 

What should I do if my child is absent from school?  

Can I take my child on holidays during term time? 

What will the school do if my child misses a lot of school? 

How do I enrol my child in School? 

Can I appeal the decision if a school refuses to enrol my child? 

What can I do if the school suspends or intends to expel my child? 

What is home tuition? 

Can I teach my child at home? 

Where can I get information about other concerns that are impacting my child’s attendance? 

WEBSITE BY CREATIVE INC & Kooba Web Design Dublin