Update for early years’ service providers on COVID-19
Tusla’s Early Years Inspectorate has developed guidance for registered providers of early years services to support and facilitate the safe reopening and operation during the COVID-19 period.
The suite of documents includes:
Compliance Information for Early Years Services Operating during the Covid 19 pandemic
- Tusla Guidance for Early Years Services – Covid-19 (Irish version)
- Tusla, Early Years Self-Assessment Checklist – Covid-19 (Irish Version)
- Tusla, Early Years Notification Form – Covid-19
Early Years Inspectorate inspections during the Covid 19 pandemic
- Tusla Early Years COVID-19 Inspection protocol for registered providers (Irish Version)
- Tusla Early Years Inspection Toolkit (Irish Version)
- Pre-Inspection Documentation Request (Irish Version)
- Tusla Early Years letter to Registered Providers 08102020 (Irish Version)
The guidance document provides detailed information on the steps you need to take before and after you reopen. These documents have been prepared in line with public health guidance and regulatory requirements.
The COVID-19 self-assessment checklist should be completed in parallel with the guidance document as an aide to help services work through the requirements.
For further support, contact;
|Margaret Monahan||091 firstname.lastname@example.org||West|
|Karina Cullen||087 email@example.com||Dublin Mid Leinster|
|Paula O'Keeffe||087 9115333||Paula.firstname.lastname@example.org||South|
|Breda Hayes||087 email@example.com||Dublin North East|
As you are aware COVID-19 is included in the list of infectious diseases, and in the event of a case in an early years service it must be notified to Tusla. A revised notification form for COVID-19 has been developed and incorporates additional information regarding the risk of closure as a result of COVID-19.
Should additional advice be received from NPHET or HPSC before Phase 3 or thereafter, Tusla will amend the documents accordingly .