Signs and Symtoms of Abuse
Child abuse can be difficult to identify. The Children First National Guidance 2011 describes the many possible signs of child abuse.
- You might see physical signs such as unexplained injuries: burns, bites, bruises, broken bones, or black eyes;
- You might see something happen to a child that concerns you;
- A child might tell you or say something that causes you to be concerned about them or another child;
- You might suspect something is wrong because of a child’s behaviour;
- An adult might tell you they are concerned for a childs safety or welfare.